- Family Media and its sister company Tune Inn are equal opportunity employers.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Family Media does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Family Media Job Openings
Family Media is one of the largest independent Christian media companies in Africa. Our mission is to create and publish compelling media on all possible channels that inspires and encourages the audience to have a meaningful relationship with Christ and to build up a daily relationship with Jesus. To achieve our mandate, we wish to hire the following:
- SOCIAL MEDIA EXECUTIVE
- Develop and implement engaging social media strategies
- Engage with our different audience
- Monitor progress using analytical tools
- Manage social media platforms of the organization.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports for management
- Come up with different social media campaigns
- Respond to questions and comments on the social media platforms in a timely manner
- Create content and schedule social media posts
- Take and edit photos and videos
- A good understanding of social media channels such as; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have excellent customer care and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or in a related field
- MEDIA ADVERTISING SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Family Media is looking to employ a persuasive media advertising sales representative to convince potential clients to purchase advertising space and ensure that existing clients remain satisfied with our advertising products and services. The advertising sales representative’s responsibilities include identifying clients’ needs, researching competitors’ advertising services, products, and prices, and responding to potential clients’ inquiries. You should also be able to provide clients with cost estimates of the products or services required.
To be successful as a media advertising sales representative, you should demonstrate effective communication skills and be able to build rapport with clients. An outstanding Media Advertising Sales Representative should achieve excellent customer service and continually meet or exceed sales quotas.
- Building and sustaining long-lasting relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Conducting research on potential clients’ products or services and determining the geographic location of the majority of their target customers.
- Setting up meetings with potential clients to present advertising proposals and address their concerns.
- Assisting the marketing team in the preparation of media kits and promotional plans.
- Attending sales meetings, trade shows, and training workshops as required.
- Persuading clients to purchase company advertising products and services by communicating the benefits of various types of advertising.
- Providing recommendations on suitable formats, advertising mediums, etc.
- Preparing sample advertisements for clients.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in advertising, communications, or related field is preferred.
- 30 years or older.
- Proven experience working as a media advertising sales representative.
- Proficient in all social media applications.
- Sound knowledge of marketing principles and techniques.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Researching articles and stories
- Establishing and maintaining contacts
- Interviewing sources
- Verifying statements and facts
- Reporting on issues that are relevant to the society
- Degree or Diploma in Mass Communication or in a related field
- Good Communication Skills
- Have at least 2 years’ experience as a journalist
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be a team player
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver results on time
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and a copy of their CV to email@example.com by 23rd September 2022 with the job title as the email subject.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VACANCY: PLAY-OUT TECHNICIAN TRAINEE
Family Media prides itself in creating and publishing compelling media on all possible channels that inspires and encourages the audience to have a meaningful relationship with Christ and to build up a daily relationship with Jesus. To achieve our mandate, we wish to hire a Play–Out Technician Trainee who will learn to direct shows, monitor signal, create playlists among other duties.
- Have at least a Diploma in Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering or in a related field
- Be computer literate
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to learn
- Be a person of integrity, self-driven and passionate
Interested candidates must possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong sense of initiative, requiring minimal supervision
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Able to exercise sound judgment in decision making
- Good problem solving skills
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Play-Out Technician Trainee as the email subject by close of business 11th October 2022. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.