- Family Media and its sister company Tune Inn are equal opportunity employers.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Family Media does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Family Media Job Openings
Family Media is a leader in Christian Media and one of the largest independent Christian media companies in Africa. Our mission is to create and publish compelling media on all possible channels that inspires and encourages the audience to have a meaningful relationship with Christ and to build up a daily relationship with Jesus. To achieve our mandate, we wish to hire the following:
- RADIO PRESENTER
- 35 years and above?
- Born again Christian with a passion for music and radio?
Do you have:
- A Diploma or Degree in Mass Communication or a related field?
- At least five years’ experience as a Radio Presenter?
- Knowledge of the Christian Contemporary Music scene?
- Skills and experience doing production work in radio?
To apply, send a cover letter, detailed CV as well as a 5 minute audio recording consisting of 3 links in between 2 songs each being a minute long to email@example.com by COB 30th June 2021 with the job title Radio Presenter as the email subject.
- CAMERA PERSON
- Manage and operate motion picture cameras to record scenes.
- Prepare and execute shots according to technical aspects to achieve appropriate effects.
- Determine camera placement, composing shots and provide recommendations to the team.
- Perform tests and clean equipment to ensure they work properly.
- Collaborate with directors, sound and lighting technicians, producers for the assignments and determine recording sequences.
- Manage and observe sets or locations for any issues and establish appropriate filming and lighting for camera.
- Implement all quality checks related to effective maintenance of camera.
- Ensure effective access to anchor microphone and manage all communication information host and control room.
- Maintain all areas related to studio and prop room.
- Have a Degree or Diploma in Mass Communication or in a related field
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in video camera work
- Be a good team player
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver results on time
- Have a passion for Media work
- Must be a person of integrity, self-driven and passionate
- Must have good and proven track record
- BROADCAST ASSISTANT
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the station’s imaging
- Checking if the equipment is in good condition. Live assist for live shows
- Download and edit shows
- Editing TV Voiceovers and different programs
- Cutting adverts and mentions immediately after shows
- Responsible for monitoring the signal and ensuring we are on air at all times in all our frequencies.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the department
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of the Radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
- Good knowledge and good ear for sound, music genres, artists and updates.
- Knowledge and ability to work with different Radio Automation and editing software’s.
- A high level of IT skills – particularly good word-processing and data handling skills.
- Ability to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment, and to operate different radio studios.
- Ability to conduct effective internet research, use relevant computer software for audio recording, editing, and, packaging when necessary.
- Creative thinking, idea generation and problem solving skills.
- Must have confidence and tenacity to pursue information and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- At least a Diploma in Mass Media, Radio Production, Journalism or a related field.
- At least two years’ experience in radio production.
- A good overall knowledge of the radio industry and the specifics.
- Ability to read and voice scripts will be an added advantage.
Qualified and interested candidates for the different vacancies should email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 30th June 2021 with the respective job title as the email subject.
4. ASSISTANT TECHNICIAN
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair electronic equipment up to component level
- Perform electrical installations and wiring
- Hands on experience in repair of UPS, power supplies and monitors
- Have at least a Diploma in Telecommunications/Electronic Engineering
- At least 5 years experience
- Have good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Be able to deliver desired results at any given time
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter, CV and copies of academic certificates to email@example.com by 30th June 2021 with the job title “Assistant Technician” as the email subject.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.