Founded in 1999 by Leo and Anneke Slingerland, Family Media started in Nairobi, Kenya and as of today is a leader in Christian Media and one of the largest independent Christian media companies in Africa.
The mission is to create and publish compelling media on all possible channels that inspires and encourages the audience to have a meaningful relationship with Christ and to be build up daily relationship with Jesus. Our channels at the moment are FamilyTV,
Family Radio 316 and our E-page on our website to watch and listen at your convenience.
Where to find us:
GO TV-Channel 819
To create and publish compelling media on all possible channels that inspires and encourages the audience to have a meaningful relationship with Christ and to be build up daily in the relationship with Jesus.
- The Bible to be the inspired, only infallible and authoritative Word of God. (2 Tim 3:15-17, 1 Thess 2:13, 2 Peter 1:21)
- There is one true God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(Deut 6:4, Isa 43:10-11, Matt 28:18-20, Luke 3:22)
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutional death on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension to the Father and His personal return in power and glory. (Matt 1:23, Luke 1:31-32, Acts 10:37-38, Acts 2:22, Heb 7:26-27, 1 Cor 15:3-5, 2 Cor 5:21-6:1, Matt 28:6, Luke 24:39, 1 Cor 15:4-6, Acts 1:9-11, Phil 2:9-11, Heb 1:3)
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of sinful man; a person must experience a spiritual rebirth. Only through the power of the Holy Spirit is the Christian able to live a more godly life. (Rom 10:12-13, Eph 2:8-10, Titus 2:11, Titus 3:4-8, Rom 8:16, Eph 4:24, Titus 2:12)
- There is a resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved to eternal life in heaven, the lost to hell. (1 Thess 4:15-17, Rom 3:23-24, 1 Cor 15:51-52, Rev 20:11-15, Rev 21:6-8)
- Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is returning soon. (Zech 14:4-5, Matt 24:26, Matt 24:30, Rev 1:7, Rev 19:11-13)
- The Great Commission of the church is to go into the entire world and preach the Gospel to every person. (Mark 16:15, Luke 14:23, Matt 28:19-20, Acts 1:7-8, Mark 16:15 -16)
- In the spiritual unity of believers through the working of the Holy Spirit and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph 4:11-13, Ps 133:1, Phil 2:1-3)
- We believe in holy Christian living, and we must have concern for the hurts and social needs of our fellowmen. (Col 3:12-14, Rom 15:1-2)
- We believe we must dedicate ourselves anew to the service of our Lord and to His authority over our lives. (Col 2:9-11, Eph 6:7-8)
We Trust in God: Our faith, trust, and hope is in Christ. God’s Word guides our decisions, refreshes us, and creates an unshakable faith. Our dependence on God is reflected in our commitment to prayer.
Create an Extraordinary Impact: We serve an extraordinary God who deserves our all. He allows us to create, produce and share media with His life-changing message.
We are Passionate, Creative, and Have Fun: Innovative ideas and solutions, individual initiative, and having a good time make our work and lives more interesting.
Learn, Improve, and Grow: We challenge and stretch ourselves, each other, and the ministry to realize the full potential God has given us.
In His Strength: It’s not about us.